SPPHA Tasmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell Daylight Savings

+2
Trueheart
TJ
6 posters

Go down

Farewell Daylight Savings Empty Farewell Daylight Savings

Post  TJ Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Daylight savings is over again for the year, the nights are already getting colder and my unrugged horses/ponies are very fluffy indeed Smile

Plans for the winter months?? Mine is staying indoors as much as possible and being able to bench press 100kg at the end of it Very Happy

TJ

Back to top Go down

Farewell Daylight Savings Empty Re: Farewell Daylight Savings

Post  Trueheart Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:50 am

I always go into mourning when daylight savings ends Sad (although at least my mobile phone is on the right time now - it clicked over to AEST last weekend, stupid thing, and can't be re-set manually)

My plans for winter are to be smart about feeding the ponies (maximum goodness and nutrition for minimum outlay), relax as much as possible, run up a frightening heating bill and try not to have heart palpitations about the mud in the house...

And I might try not to strangle the kids on those wet weekends when we're all cooped up inside together going stir crazy, but that's optional really! Laughing
Trueheart
Trueheart

http://www.trueheartsstud.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CeeCee Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:16 am

lol! lol!

CeeCee

Back to top Go down

Post  che Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:29 am

i want to hibernate.

che

Back to top Go down

Post  TJ Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:33 pm

After the last 6 months Ive had hibernation sounds very appealing study So does a few months off work, but then I wouldnt get paid so thats no fun.... Winning Tattslotto sounds like the plan for winter Very Happy

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post  fitch Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:02 pm

mmm. getting dark early... like its gloomy at four. i have bought series 4 and 5 of Greys so i have evening entertainment.. or.. um sometimes in the day... gosh i'm kinda hooked...
lots of good books too.
new job tomorrow at a very fancy arab stud with lots of cottonwool horses. I feel very proper. Poor Woody is just a gymkhana pony next to these globetrotters. I mean what horse has shown in Paris? In Paris?? affraid
I havent been to Paris and I am much cheaper to travel. OK must sleep, am fighting off a bug brought by family over easter- curse them I cant get sick now!
wish me luck.
will take photos Smile

ooh i cant resist.... farao

fitch

Back to top Go down

Post  TJ Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:33 pm

OK so its mid April & Ive lifted 70 kg - will stay indoors and work hard for the next 30kg Very Happy

Fitch you could maybe spend the Aus winter in the Fench Summer??? Offer to go horse shopping for him in Paris Cool

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post  TJ Wed May 05, 2010 9:39 am

Benched 75kg last night whoo hoo - only 25 kg to go Very Happy

Shit it getgting bloody cold though, we trained in horrendous winds last week & competed in much the same Sunday, glad I dont have the feeding/rugging to so also otherwise Id never cope!!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Brit Wed May 05, 2010 9:55 am

So OVER daylight savings. Riding before and after school is ALWAYS in the dark. To freaking cold and T looks like a feral with a wooley coat. Gah

Brit

Back to top Go down

Post  TJ Wed May 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Mine are mega hairy, nothing here is rugged (which is VERY different for me lol). Pizzant looks like Yak, I'll grab some pics of him soon & post them, he is sooooo cute Very Happy

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Trueheart Fri May 07, 2010 12:09 pm

I have rugged one of the more delicate Arabian girls and my 25yo boy - the rest are fat and hairy and now muddy as well Sad

My pinto colt goes from looking sleek and almost sexy to the spitting image of a Hereford bull calf in the space of about 2 weeks this time of year. Hate winter coats Sad

Hate winter, come to think of it
Trueheart
Trueheart

Back to top Go down

Post  TJ Fri May 07, 2010 2:20 pm

See I kinda like winter, as in the colder days, warm roaring woodheater burning in the living room, an excuse to wear long boots, hats & oversized, stretched jumpers. Its the lack of daylight I hate - and the wind, wind sucks!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Trueheart Sun May 09, 2010 6:54 am

Well, yeah, admittedly there ARE benefits (like hot chocolate, having an excuse to do bugger-all because the weather's crap, casseroles, pies and stews), but the shorter days drive me bananas in the end. I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder by the beginning of July.
Trueheart
Trueheart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum