SPPHA Tasmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony required

+2
TJ
mollymae
6 posters

Go down

Pony required Empty Pony required

Post  mollymae Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone out there have a suitable pony to lease or buy? I am searching for my 10 year old daughter. She has been riding for 4 years. She had a serious riding accident last year, but still wants to ride (and is currently riding). We can only spend $2000 and want a pony that will build her confidence. She can ride independently and jump about 65cm. We would like a pony she could have fun on and eventually compete at grade four level. We would prefer a pony that doesn't bolt, buck or pull continually. I understand that not all ponies are perfect, but we have met many memorable ponies along our search. We are looking at anything from 11.2-14 hands. We would prefer something over ten if there is any out there!

The pony would have lots of love, suitable feed, foot care, teeth care, worming, massage/chiropractor and vet care if required. My daughter would want to be able to attend pony club, competitions and private lessons with this pony in order to develop their partnership.

Can anyone help me????........

mollymae

Back to top Go down

Pony required Empty Re: Pony required

Post  TJ Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Just sent you a PM - its not Gerry though LOL

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Trueheart Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 am

I have a number of ponies that would fit the bill temperament-wise, but none broken in at this stage because they are are all 3 years old or under. Good luck with the search!
Trueheart
Trueheart

http://www.trueheartsstud.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mollymae Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:36 pm

I am sure they are all beautiful. Probably by the time yours are ready, my daughter will be on her way to being far too tall for ponies sorry.

It must be so hard for pony breeders to get them from the stage of 'green' horse to one that is safe for little kids. I have seen a few that have straight away been great for beginner riders, but have also seen/experienced the opposite also.

mollymae

Back to top Go down

Post  Trueheart Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:40 am

Yes Mollymae, that's the problem with being involved with ponies - they have to be temperamentally suited to children right from day dot, and that has to be built on and nurtured for such a long time, along with the usual education, before you could honestly claim that they are as 'bombproof' as it is possible for a pony to be. But it's fun! Smile I certainly don't think anyone would go in it for the money...coz there is none! Razz

Keep looking, I am sure the right pony is out there. I do know Calmar from Tashorse had a really lovely buckskin Australian pony mare that she was breaking in before Christmas. From memory she is just over 12hh. She might be worth checking out if she still has her.
Trueheart
Trueheart

http://www.trueheartsstud.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scarlettenita Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:47 am

Hi Molly We have a beautiful little QH x availible He is 16 and simply lovely
Pony required Jed110

scarlettenita

Back to top Go down

Post  mels alibi Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Kathy evens/fox has a Stock horse cross for sale 14.2 hh bay, been there done that was EFA reg I'm sure it was around that price she wanted for it.
I can get you the number if you want to have alook at it
mels alibi
mels alibi

Back to top Go down

Post  mollymae Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi,

Please send me more information about the stock horse cross. I have seen some with the most beautiful natures, but they have been very young. My mobile number is 0438 391970.

Nita, what is the QH like in comparison to Kellogs. I came to see Kellogs, but was worried he was too strong for a ten year old child.

Thanks all,
Nat

mollymae

Back to top Go down

Post  scarlettenita Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:31 am

Kellogs ended up at Riding for the Disabled!
Jedd is quiter and not so fussy. the asking price on him is $2500 but that with saddle, bridle and rugs! jedd the kids ride bareback Smile will see if i can find a pic

Pony required 100_0110

scarlettenita

Back to top Go down

Post  scarlettenita Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:38 am

Pony required 100_0111

scarlettenita

Back to top Go down

Post  mollymae Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Hi Nita,

His photos are lovely. How big is he? He looks like he has a very pretty head. What sort of nature does he have? Does he like jumping?

mollymae

Back to top Go down

Post  scarlettenita Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi is gorgeous. Years ago he had an accident and went through a fence - the scaring is still there but he still jumps, walks, trots and canters, only notice it if your cantering for long periods of time Smile

He is a real sweetheart and i loved him to bits the whole time he was with me the first time.

He is only for sale as my client has brought another one and her daughter is advancing at PC and she needs to sell her old horse (Jedd) to purchase her daughter a newer model lol

scarlettenita

Back to top Go down

Post  mollymae Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:34 pm

We want a horse for Anna that she could do grade 4 on at pony club. Would he have soundness problems?

mollymae

Back to top Go down

Post  scarlettenita Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:37 pm

i wouldn't say so though i do reccommend a vet check with any horse that your going to purchase! i have not competed him, he has done ARC and what not though. he has not been reg jumped recently due to lack of time, however thats something that people bring in themselves with repetition now, grade 4 is what 65 cm?

scarlettenita

Back to top Go down

Post  mollymae Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Yes, it is 65cm. We would make sure the horse is fit, but a dressage test, cross country and show jumping in one day is very tough on the horses as you would know.

mollymae

Back to top Go down

Post  scarlettenita Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:29 am

i will grab the girls and get them to take him over 65cm and see how he goes Smile

scarlettenita

Back to top Go down

Post  mels alibi Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:25 am

Ok, I've got the number for the girl with the Stock horse.
kathy PH 0408688046
mels alibi
mels alibi

Back to top Go down

Post  scarlettenita Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 am

He was fine, lazy but fine. Went great in the bush as well!

scarlettenita

Back to top Go down

Post  Brit Sat May 01, 2010 5:41 am

I have one that would be perfect apart from being 7 and 15.1.. oh and not for sale Cool

Goodluck with finding the right horse!

Brit

Back to top Go down

Post  mollymae Sat May 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks.

We all know you jump pretty good without the horse.... Anna would love it if you would share T.

mollymae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down