SPPHA Tasmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with a TB brand and horse?

2 posters

Go down

Help with a TB brand and horse? Empty Help with a TB brand and horse?

Post  THRRO Sat May 08, 2010 8:13 am

Hi All,

I know this is a site for standardbreds but was hoping someone may be able to help with details on a TB brand and horse.

We have been asked to help home an older TB gelding and had a look at him this week. We have been told he is 20yrs but his brand reads 1 over 3 which would make him either 17 or 27? He is in excellent condition and is being maintained on good pasture only so we are hoping its 17. I'm not sure how to load photos on here but the stud brand looks S over F I

He is bay and around 16hh with what looks like a slight roach back and is located near Deloraine.

Can anyone help?

THRRO

http://www.thrro.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Help with a TB brand and horse? Empty Re: Help with a TB brand and horse?

Post  TJ Sat May 08, 2010 9:12 am

He might only be going on 17 if he is in such good condition on pasture alone. Do the people that have him know any of his previous owners etc or where he came from?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post  THRRO Sat May 08, 2010 9:26 am

The people who have him now bought the land and he was left there. They did manage to get ahold of the owner who now lives overseas. The only info they passed on was that they got him 'from a lady up the road', that he was 20, 15'3h and an exrace horse. When we checked him out we discovered the brand and that he was definately 16h +, I would be surprised if he was 27 as he has no characteristics of an older horse and in such good condition. He is very solid!

The pasture he is on is lush green grass but no rug only natural shelter and he is being kept in his paddock with one single strand of loose tape/string. We tried to take a look at his teeth but as he hasn't been handled much and wasnt haltered it didn't prove possible. He is extremely friendly but needs a brush up on manners.

THRRO

http://www.thrro.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down